Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cakes, Cupcakes and Cuddly Pillows

It's been a while since I've posted anything here and I'll tell you why, I've been busy.  


My daughter Anaiah turned 3 on the 22nd of March. She is growing up so fast. I still vividly remember the moment I heard her cry for the first time like it was last week.  She is rapidly becoming a little girl instead of a toddler. I am so thankful for her. I love her curiosity and watching her discover new things. Love seeing her learn more about the world around her. Love her 'big hugs' and all the kisses. Love how she pretends my finger is an inch worm and gives mine a hug. Love her curls. Love her giggles and smiles. Love her..


 For her school, I baked cupcakes and a little cake for her to share. She had been talking about singing happy birthday for days and it was so much fun to hear her sing to herself loudly with the other kids.
I got to use some of my new fondant tools on the cakes which was a lot of fun. I'm still learning and enjoying that process. I tried to copy the school's logo on her cake.
Her cake for at home:
It was SO yummy! The top layer was fresh strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream filling and the bottom was a 4 layer chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache filling. all topped with more buttercream and marshmallow fondant.(or as my daughter calls marshmallows, 'baby clouds')


I've also been busy with other projects. I'm still finishing up a blue dress but I did complete this simple sundress this month. 

I've also joined a knit-along in the South Asian Crafters group on Ravelry. We are all knitting/crocheting pillows or pillow covers. I've finished my first one: Hootie. Made using novelty yarn that I was happy to use up and other stash yarns. 

1 comment:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday to Anaiah. Those cakes are simply gorgeous. Can't believe they are not store-bought and I mean that as a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!