Monday, October 10, 2011

Kids Clothing Week Challenge!

It started today! 

I am excited to put down my knitting needles and crochet hooks this week and pick up some fabric and some scissors! I went fabric shopping this last weekend and bought some fun corduroy prints that will hopefully become some fall/winter clothes for Anaiah.  I don't know how much will get done in one week but I love the idea of focusing at least an hour each day on making clothing for her. I also recently bought this book for myself, Metric Pattern Cutting For Children's Wear And Babywear by Winifred Aldrich.
  
It's far from the most exciting looking book about sewing but I really think it will help me while drafting pattens.  It contains lots of great measurement charts and pattern shapes. Some of it is really basic but I don't mind that. It's has already helped me to finish my first KCWC item!

Anaiah's Pumpkin Patch Overalls! AKA Dungarees to some..

They are not perfect but I'm still pretty happy with them. They fit her that way I hoped they would.. not too baggy but not too tight either. The little belt I made might need to have the button moved to fit her more snugly.



She loves the pockets! In order to get her to sit still I had to offer up a crocheted 'fishy' for her to play with. It was going to be part of a mobile for a baby but it's so dirty now that I think she can keep it. She loves amigurumi too! :) In case you wondered she was pointing at an airplane.

Hopefully there will be more to share this week! Have a happy Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!